Are you looking for a consumer report on good quality alarm clock radios? Here you will get the best consumer reviews!
Biologically, human bodies are designed to sleep at sunset and getup at with the sunrise but artificial lightnings have altered this biological clock over the period of time. This means that we can stay up till late because of the artificial lighting and because of dark bedrooms and curtains, it becomes really impossible to start our day with sunrise. In such a case, most of need support from an Alarm clock to get up in the morning. If you belong to Gen Y then you might wonder why you need an alarm clock when you have a mobile phone. Well, it is often noticed that the mobile phone is not loud enough and often, it might run out of the battery. In addition to this, as per several kinds of research, you should not keep mobile phones around you as it emits many harmful radiations.
In such a case, it is best to purchase an alarm clock. These days you also get many alarm clock radios which will wake you up with your favorite radio station. You can purchase many such radio alarm clocks and with the alarm clock, you will buy the assurance of waking up on time as well. The only challenge now is to purchase the best alarm clock available in the market. Well, do not worry because we are here to help you with this selection and we are going to share the details of some of the best alarm clock radios available in market presently by consumer reports. So go ahead and check out the details now.
Best Buy Alarm Clock Radios Reviews
You will come across many designs and many types of alarm clocks. Remember to consider the basic features in the alarm clock and the first choice that you would need to make is between the analog alarm clock and the digital alarm clock. You will also find the ones which are powered by electricity and believe us, they are some of the most reliable alarm clocks in the market. In this section, you will find the list of top 10 alarm clocks which are one currently among the trending clocks. Check them out below.
1. Magnasonic Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
The best one available in the market presently is from Magnasonic and this is really rich when it comes to the features that it offers. This alarm clock comes with a Blue LCD screen which is 3.6 inches in size and it has a good contrast ratio as well. You can easily adjust the brightness of the LCD screen and the best part is that this clock can project the time and temperature on the wall. The projector can be turned around to 180 degrees so you can get the required settings.
The clock has many smart features which include dual alarm clock with weekend cancellation. There are several media options available in this alarm clock as you can listen to music by connecting iPhone, Android Device, MP3 Player as this has a 3.5 mm jack. The manufacturer also provides 1 year warranty on this watch. Talking about the power source, the default power source is AC power but in case of a power failure, there is a built-in lithium-ion battery which can last really long.
- It comes with projector to display the time on the wall.
- It comes with various settings to change alarm and also has an integrated radio alarm.
- You can listen to music using various media options.
- Comes with a built-in lithium ion battery and hence it has Advanced Self-Set technology
- An intelligent clock that adjusts the time automatically with the daylight saving schedule.
- Nothing as such
2. Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker Alarm Clock
If you are a heavy sleeper and if you find it really difficult to wake up with even with the alarm clock then this one is certainly for you. As the name suggests, this alarm clock can literally shake your bed to wake you and it is really impossible to ignore the sound of this clock and stay asleep. You can set the tone of the alarm clock, you can set 2 alarms and you can change the volume of the alarm clock as well. In addition to this, it has a 5 level dimmer snooze and you can adjust the settings between volumes only time, vibrate the only timer or you can set a timer that vibrates and makes sound. This alarm clock is available in 7 colors to match the interiors of your room and hence it provides you a lot of choices.
You can go ahead and choose different permutations and combinations for the alarm. In terms of the power source, the watch has a dual power source and hence you can keep it connected to AC power but in case of power failure, the battery kicks in. Simply keep the shaker under your pillow and set the alarm and be assured that you will be able to wake up at given time.
- It has a sound level of 113 dB which makes it really loud. This also vibrates so it shakes the bed to wake up the heaviest of sleeper.
- You can go ahead and set 2 alarms on the clock and you can set a super loud alarm between 1 minute and 59 minutes.
- Apart from the advantages mentioned above, you get to choose a lot of adjustments while setting up the alarm.
- Has dual power source
- No Radio Settings Available
3. RCA Digital Alarm Clock with Large 1.4″ Display
If you are looking for an inexpensive alarm clock that can easily wake you up then check out this one on our list. This comes with a large 1.4 inch display and it has quite user friendly buttons that are very easy to press and set the clock. If you need to add a few minutes to sleep after the alarm went off then also this one would meet your requirements as it comes with a large snooze button and that makes it quite easy to locate the button. Apart from the functionality mentioned above, you can also alter the brightness of the watch very easily. There are not much of efforts required.
The dual power mode ensures that you get up on time everyday even if there is a power failure. Yes, you can add a 9V battery in the clock which works as a backup source of power.
- One of the most affordable options in our list which comes with a really practical design.
- Easy to adjust brightness and time because of the settings available in the watch.
- It comes with dual power mode which includes an AC power system and a 9V battery which can be installed externally in the clock.
- It comes with 1 year warranty on the alarm clock which is enough to protect you from manufacturing defects.
- Lacks features and it is just a basic alarm clock.
4. Travelwey Home LED Digital Alarm Clock
Do you often have to get up at night for the washroom breaks? Do you not have a bed lamp around your which makes it difficult for you to walk till the bathroom? Well, check out this alarm clock which comes with a night light and all other usual features of alarm. It is an affordable option that is really loaded with features. To give you an idea, this comes with dimmer slider along with jewel frequency precision to ensure that you get the most accurate time settings while using the alarm clock.
You also have dual power mode which not only utilized the AC power but which switches the clock to the 9 v source when there is a power failure. If in case you are out and if you forgot to turn off the alarm then this clock comes with an additional feature that shuts off the alarm after 5 minutes. You do not have to worry about the watching slipping off from the side table because the rubber feet add to the stability and prevent any kind of slippage. You can alter the volume and other settings with help of the simple controls.
- Easy to operate and an affordable alarm clock that is loaded with features.
- It comes with a night lamp which proves to be of great help when you need to wake up for going to the washroom.
- It has a loud voice and also comes with large display to help you in checking the time when required.
- It can easily be operated by children and old aged people without an issue.
- Doesn’t comes with in-built battery
5. Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Colored Sunrise Simulation
Philips is known for the best consumer durable and if you are looking for nothing but the best then it is certainly worth having a look at this alarm clock. This model is from Philips and it really knows how to wake you up without putting any kind of mental stress on you. In terms of design, the clock stands out of the crowd and it features a unique design that also comes with unique features like the light therapy lamp. Like we mentioned in the beginning, humans are programmed to wake up with the sunrise so this clock takes care of this fact while waking you up. It simulates a natural sunrise which ensures that you do not wake up with a loud noise.
There is also a backup feature in the alarm clock which helps you in retaining the clock settings and at the same time, it also helps you in getting a backup for as long as 8 hours. You also get to choose between 5 wake up sounds or FM. The lamp has 20 brightness settings and you can set it per your needs.
- It comes with sunrise simulation to wake you up naturally and it is certainly much better for health and body.
- It comes with auto-dimming feature which dims the clock once you turn off the lights in the bedroom.
- It has many different tones and also has different options to play the radio.
- Comes with 90 days warranty on the clock from Philips
- Quite an expensive alarm clock as it is priced at over $100.
6. Electrohome USB Charging Alarm Clock Radio with Time Projection
On number 6, we have an alarm clock from Electrohome and this is yet another versatile product in our list as it comes with features like projector lamp and a jack to connect various devices. Getting into the details of this product, it comes with a USB Port which lets you connect MP3 players, Phones and every other possible device to the alarm clock. At the same time, the alarm clock can also charge the device for you.Since there is an in-built battery for the backup, the clock doesn’t reset during the power cut and it also retains the alarm settings. The battery provides backup to the clock during long power cuts and ensures that you wake up on time.
Another feature of this clock is that it can easily project the time on the ceiling or the wall and you can also set the orientation of the clock with the help of a swindling projector lamp. Apart from this, you can listen to music with help of the alarm clock and the clock has a memory to retain 20 stations in total. The clock can also adjust as per the daylight saving timings.
- It can automatically set date and time and also comes with many other adjustments for the clock settings.
- Dual power supply ensures that the clock runs all the time even during the power outage.
- It comes with a projector lamp and hence it displays the time and other details on the watch.
- Has digital FM and has a memory of 20 stations. Apart from this, you can use the clock to play music from various sources.
- Nothing as such.
7. Sony ICFC1WHITE ICFC1 Alarm Clock Radio
We also have an alarm clock from Sony and this clock is also loaded with the features. You can be assured about the quality since it comes from a really reliable brand. You can use this alarm clock on modes like the buzz mode and radio mode. Overall, the clock features a nick design and it comes loaded with features that can prove to be quite handy. For example, you can go ahead and check out the features which prove to be very handy.
The clock has a 100 mW system and you can choose a radio mode to wake up with nice songs on your favorite. The snooze is extendable from 10 minutes to 60 minutes and at the same time, the CR2032 battery works find to provide a backup during power cuts. The alarm clock looks sleek and it is certainly one of the best you can find.
- Has multiple modes along with the setup for radio mode
- It has a unique cubical design and also comes with dual power source to keep the clock powered during an outage.
- Has adjustable brightness control for the user
- The watch adjust the timings as per daylight saving and other such adjustments.
- Nothing as such.
8. Mesqool Projection Alarm Clock for Bedroom
If you feel lazy while checking the time on the alarm clock then you must have a look at this alarm clock from Mesqool. With this alarm clock, you would not have to turn around to check the time as it projects the time directly on the wall in red text. The sound of the alarm clock is loud enough to wake you up as it has a sound level of 80 dB. In addition to this, there are many features which include abilities to set tunes and play different kind of media.
The watch lets you set multiple alarms and because of the dual power mode, the watch never fails to wake you up even when there is a power cut. The brightness is adjustable so that you get the convenient levels of illuminations as well.
- It comes with projector to project the time on the wall. The projector has adjustable angles.
- It comes with many tones option and also has 20 memory settings to set FM for tunes or listen to FM.
- It has a sound level of 80 dB and that is enough to wake you up easily. It also has dual power mode.
- It comes with a USB port to connect various devices and play media.
- No warranty information available
9. Peakeep 4 inches Twin Bell Alarm Clock with Stereoscopic Dial
A lot of people prefer a traditional design when it comes to the alarm clock. This gives a very nice classic look to the bedroom and if you are looking for one such clock then this is the perfect model for you. This is available in 5 different colors and the clock is quite accurate as well. The alarm is quite loud and it helps you in waking up easily as well. The watch doesn’t use AC power and hence you reply only a single AA battery which lasts for a long time. There is a dedicated button to illuminate the backlight which makes it easy to check the time at night. This alarm clock doesn’t have a snooze button and a lot of people perceive this as an advantage while there are some who perceive it as a disadvantage. It is up to you if you need the feature or not. Overall, it is a simple watch that is perfect for all the people who are looking for an affordable yet vintage clock.
- Perfect for the deep sleepers as the loud alarm can easily wake them up.
- It comes with a vintage look that is available in several colors.
- It comes with a backlight to check the time even when it is dark.
- No snooze button
10. LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Trainer
If you would like to impart a good habit in your children then this could be the perfect clock for you. It is basically for the children and it trains them with good habits. It has a timer and a color code which alerts the children about the sleeping time and the wakeup time. It also has a night lamp with 3 brightness options and alarm duration option. Apart from all these features, it has easy buttons to make the settings and it has silicone pads at the bottom of the clock. You can use a USB power supply that comes along the clock and you can also use a CR 2032 battery to power the clock.
- It comes with a 1 year warranty.
- It comes with light indicators which condition the children to sleep on time and wake up on time.
- It has a child-safe construction and at the same time, it also has a child lock so that the child can’t edit the timer or fiddle with buttons.
- Perfect to impart good habits in kids as they grow up. The expressions of the clock make it look really cute.
- Slightly expensive.
Important Things to Consider When Buying an Alarm Clock with Radio
Alarm clocks looked really simple in the early days. But now the trend has changed completely. You will be able to find alarm clocks with some interesting features like an alarm clock with radio facility in it. If you are looking for one such alarm clock with radio, then here is how you will be able to find the best one for your needs.
No of alarms:
Usually, you will be able to set one or two alarms in your alarm clock. But you may sometimes need more than one or two alarm to be set. In that case, you need to be a little more careful. It is always good to choose an alarm clock with comes with five to six alarm setting feature. This way you can use it as per your requirement like one for week days, one for weekends and others as you need.
When you set an alarm, you do not wake up or do the required task immediately. With the snooze option, you will be able to delay the alarm again for a few minutes and it is going to remind you again. This way you can either relax or sleep for a few minutes extra. Usually, the snooze time is 5 to 15 minutes long. You are free to customize the snooze option and set a time of your choice.
As we are looking for an alarm clock with radio, you should take care of certain other features than just the alarm features. One of those features is the quality of sound. If the quality of the sound is not good, then you won’t be able to listen to the alarm sound or you won’t be able to enjoy the music on your radio as well.
Do you like the sound to be high? Some people like it to be low. So, it is always a good choice to pick something where you will be able to adjust the volume levels. If you like it high, then keep it high and if you like it low, then keep it low. You can even set a vibration mode where the alarm is going to be gentle and you need not have to worry about other people waking up for the alarm sound.
Music timer during sleep:
If you have a habit of listening to music before going to bed, then you can even set a timer for it. The music will stop automatically after a certain time period. You can choose the time according to your choice, whether it is one hour or two hours or anything more or less.
Source of power:
Some of the alarm clocks with radio operate by charging them, whereas a few require you to use a battery for using the alarm clock with radio. Some come with both the options so that you can use the battery mode when there is power outage, else you can use with the charging mode or AC electrical outlets.
Compatibility with other devices:
You will have to choose an alarm clock with radio that can be compatible with other devices, Bluetooth connectivity will help you to connect to the other devices and play music from those devices as well. You can even connect to a speaker on wireless mode so that you can listen to music at a better volume as well.
Some alarm clocks with radio may require you to set the time of the alarm when the power goes off or when the devices switches off. But it is good to choose something that automatically syncs with the internal clock.
Choose an alarm clock with radio that displays the time along with other features like date, radio station details, temperature and much more. LCD display alarm clocks are available in the market and you can pick those.
Some alarm clocks also come with time protectors which display the time and date on the wall or the ceiling. This is not just a feature for checking the time, but also can make the simple alarm clock with radio interesting and attractive as well.
This was all about the best alarm clocks available in the market. You can check out each and every product and we assure you that these are the top 10 most reliable products in the market. You can also go ahead and check out the pros and cons of the alarm clocks that we have listed in the section above. For more information, you can visit the product page of the alarm clock that you like and this will also help you in checking out the deals that you are getting as well. During the upcoming sales, you will be able to get the best possible deals on the alarm clock.
Remember to consider the factors that are important to you while purchasing the alarm clock and we are sure you will be happy you purchased Alarm Clock Radios.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Alarm Clock Radios Reviews
- 1. Magnasonic Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
- 2. Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker Alarm Clock
- 3. RCA Digital Alarm Clock with Large 1.4″ Display
- 4. Travelwey Home LED Digital Alarm Clock
- 5. Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Colored Sunrise Simulation
- 6. Electrohome USB Charging Alarm Clock Radio with Time Projection
- 7. Sony ICFC1WHITE ICFC1 Alarm Clock Radio
- 8. Mesqool Projection Alarm Clock for Bedroom
- 9. Peakeep 4 inches Twin Bell Alarm Clock with Stereoscopic Dial
- 10. LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Trainer
- Important Things to Consider When Buying an Alarm Clock with Radio