A sewing machine is something that is present in almost every house. We all have seen our grandmothers and mothers stitching and making new clothes. Some people use sewing machines for business purposes while others just use it to repair clothes. Whatever may be the purpose behind purchasing the sewing machine, everyone needs an efficient and easy-to-operate sewing machine.
With the advancements in technologies, even sewing machines have evolved so much. Modern sewing machines perform automatic operations such as threading the needle; this protects the users from severe eye damage.
Most of the sewing machines come with in-built functions such as stitches, in-built reverse stitch technology, automatic buttons, in-built LED lights, and whatnot. All of the above in-built functions are made to make the work of users a lot easier and quicker.
If you are looking forward to purchasing a sewing machine for yourself, then this article is for you. Choosing onesewing machine from a numerous range of sewing machines present in the market is quite a tedious job. Moreover, purchasing an efficient sewing machine that gives a full return on investment is also tricky. However, there are some selected brands that can provide excellent quality sewing machines to the customers and can be trusted without doubts.
Best Buy Sewing Machine Consumer Reviews
We have made a list of some of the best sewing machines of the different price range. Each of them has its own features. You are suggested to go through this information so that you can select a good sewing machine of your choice.
1. Brother Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The brother computerized sewing and quilting machine is one of the best sewing machine for quilting. With around 80% 5 star ratings, this sewing machine is a popular choice.As the sewing machine is user-friendly, it is perfect for both the beginners and the intermediate users.
The Brother sewing-quilting machine has a switch (stitch-selector), which allows you to see and select the stitch of your choice. This feature of the sewing machine gives it the title of ‘simple-to-use’ sewing machine.The sewing-quilting machine also includes a needle threader, which is automatic in nature; it pushes the thread through the sewing machine’s needle in a very perfect manner.
The Brother CS6000i machine has a stitching speed adjuster, which provides an easy control to its users; the speed of stitching can be controlled with this feature of the sewing machine. Moreover, the Brother CS6000i has a wide table, which makes this machine suitable to be used for larger projects of quilting. The wide table provides extra space for easy sewing and quilting. The machine has a sewing speed of a maximum of 850 stitches in a minute.
The machine has an in-built free arm; this makes in the complicated sewing projects easy. Pant legs, sleeves, and any cylindrically shaped item can be sewed using this machine.
- The sewing machine provides an easy winding of the bobbin.
- Speed can be adjusted using a speed adjuster.
- The machine has a lightweight.
- It has an automatic threader.
- The machine does not work well with thick fabric.
- Light provided is not efficient enough.
2. SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
Singer heavy duty 4423 sewing machine is a solid machine that is loved by the users. This machine has got so many positive reviews from people across the globe, some of them even named the machine as ‘workhorse’. The machine has the power to stitch heavy fabrics very easily.
It has 23 in-built stitches along with basic, decorative, buttonhole, and stretch stitches that allow the users to sew numerous sewing projects. These projects can be of home decors, fashions, crafts, quilts, and many more others.
People who put the thread in the needle go through eye strain, this sewing machine has an automatic needle threader, it is an in-built feature that threads the eye of needle automatically without any effort.
The Singer heavy duty 4423 sewing machine has a speed of 1,100 stiches/minute which helps you complete your sewing projects quickly. The motor of the machine is 60% stronger that allows a greater power of piercing for thicker seams.
The sewing machine has metal frames that are used in heavy duty machines. It includes a bedframe made of stainless steel and an interior frame made of heavy-duty metal. Apart from the metal frames, this machine also provides an extra high speed for sewing so that sewing heavy weight fabrics becomes a lot easier with a long lasting stability.
The Singer heavy duty 4423 sewing machine offers a warranty of 25 years to its customers which is more than enough. This machine comes with various sewing accessories which makes it a great deal.
- The machine is an all-rounder.
- It is simple and easy to operate.
- Customers reviewed the machine as a value for money product.
- Can sew multiple layers of fabric perfectly.
- The machine sounds too much.
- A few customers reported problems with tension of the sewing machine.
3. Aplus mini sewing machine
This Aplus mini sewing machine is an upgraded version which has a good quality and is more durable as compared to ordinary sewing machines. The machine comes with a unique large table extension that allows for convenient sewing of larger projects. This mini sewing machine remains stable while sewing and provides a smooth quality of sew. You do not need scissors while using this sewing machine as it has an in-built cutter for cutting of threads.
This sewing machine’s speed can be changed according to the requirement of its users. The changeable sewing speed provides a perfect control on stitching and also lets its users reach high levels of sewing skills. The machine comprises a combination of surface line and bottom line sewing for high-quality sewing.
The machine is suitable for sewing machine beginners; it has a push button and pedal switches, which makes it convenient for beginners to operate this machine. The machine comes with an English manual to ease the difficulties of sewing machine beginners. It is absolutely compact and portable and hence can be taken everywhere. The brand offers an easy return and exchange facility to its users, which makes this product even more attractive.
- The machine is compact and can be taken anywhere.
- The brand has an easy return or exchange policies.
- The weight of the product is extra light, which causes difficulty in sewing.
- Some customers reviewed the overall quality of the product very poorly.
4. Janome Lady Lilac Basic Compact Sewing Machine
Janome sewing machines are popular as luxury products, as you can see, the design of this Janome lady lilac basic compact sewing machine is very attractive. The brand offers an immense variety of colors so that customers can select their favorite colors. This sewing machine is compatible with new enthusiastic learners and experienced sewists as well.
The sewing machine is portable and has a compact and design which allows it to be taken anywhere. There are 12 in-built stitches provided by the brand, which also includes straight, crescent, zigzag with 2 needle positions. The free arm is provided with the machine to ease the process of sewing, especially for large projects.
The Janome sewing machine features a finger protector that comes with presser foot; this protects the fingers from injuries that can occur during sewing. The machine has only 5 pounds of weight; you can easily take it to the sewing classes or art classes with yourself.
- The machine comes with a finger guard.
- The machine is easy to operate and hence is compatible for children.
- Numerous color options are available.
- The machine is quite delicate.
- It is not a long-lasting product.
- Is not good for advanced sewists.
5. Varmax Mini Sewing Machine
The Varmax mini sewing machine is designed specially to fit anywhere; it is an absolute space saver. This sewing machine is equipped with an extension table; the extension table is large enough to make the sewing more convenient and quick. The extension table provided with this machine also keeps the sewing machine stable during the process of sewing.
There is a special cuff slot which is designed to sew trouser legs and sleeves. Additionally, the sewing machine is equipped with an in-built light; this allows for an adequate amount of light to fall on the fabric while sewing, and this makes the process of sewing even easier.
The Janome sewing machine has a double thread stitching technique, which makes the finishing of stitch easier, and hence there is no need for knotting left at the end of the stitch. There is a control panel that can help control the speed of the sewing machine. The machine can be operated at high and low speeds; low speed sewing is usually preferred by beginners while high-speed sewing is a choice of experienced sewists.
Janome offers a one year warranty to its customers along with after-sale services, which is liked by many users.
- The sewing machine comes with an extension table
- The machine is compatible with beginners.
- It is portable and easy to carry.
- The small size of the machine is not liked by many users.
- Thread gets knotted after a few uses.
6. Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine
Brother sewing machines are so popular that the customer buys them just by hearing the name. There are various versions of Brother Machines; this version is XM2701. Brother XM2701 sewing machine is a light weighted machine and is travel-friendly. The machine has unique in-built stitches – 27 stitches, which include decorative, zigzag, blind hem, stretch stitches along with an auto-size buttonhole.
The machine features a drop-in top bobbin, which is jam-resistant and convenient to use. An automatic needle threader makes the job of sewists very easy and simple.
The Brother XM2701 sewing machine comes with a 6 sewing feet needle (set of 3 pieces), four bobbins and an instructional video manual (DVD). The versatile free arm provided with the sewing machine makes the machine perfect for daily projects of sewing and can be operated by all types of users.
- Brother offers free online/voice call technical support to its customers.
- The XM2701 sewing machine has attractive prints on the body.
- The machine comes with instructional video (DVD),
- The LED light of the machine is very dim.
- The product is weak and gets broken easily.
- The thread gets strangled after several uses.
- A few customers have received defective products.
7. HAITRAL Portable Sewing Machine
The Haitral sewing machines are infamous sewing machines but carry so many good features. The machine has a small size, which allows it to fit in any space. It has a light weighted nature and can be carried even in shoulder bags.
The Haitral machines have a double speed technology; this allows the users to operate the machine in low and high frequencies of speed. The machine stitches using double threads that make the stitches stronger and long lasting, double stitches are not easy to open.
This sewing machine is perfect for learners and sewing teachers, as well. Teachers can use this sewing machine in their sewing classes to teach sewing lessons to their learners. The Haitral sewing machine is not suitable for sewing thick fabrics such as thick jeans, curtains, etc., but can be used to sew thin and ordinary fabrics in a perfect manner.
The dual power supply mode of this Haitral sewing machine is remarkable, and the machine can run either by using the direct current supply or by using the batteries. However, both the battery and the direct current can never be used together.
The sewing machine comes with sewing accessories- 4 needles, 1 needle threader, 1 foot pedal, 1 wire for external supply of power.
- Can sew through 4 layers of fabric together.
- It is super-portable and can be carried in the shoulder bag.
- Extra needles are provided.
- The sewing process is a bit noisy and disturbing.
- The foot pedal is quite small in size.
- The machine is too small for large projects.
8. KPCB Mini Sewing Machine
The KPCB mini sewing machine comes with upgraded material, and this material is environmental-friendly. This feature of the machine makes it the best quality and durable product. Ordinary sewing machines are not made using eco-friendly materials.
The adapter that is provided in this sewing machine is approved by ETL/UL/CE, which ensures safety to its user.
The KPCB mini sewing machine remains stable during the process of sewing, and this is due to the presence extension table. This extension table is very large and offers its users convenient and smooth sewing. Additionally, the sewing machine has a cuff slot, and this cuff slot makes the sewing of pants and sleeves relatively easy.
The KPCB sewing machine is an electric sewing machine; it comes with a foot pedal so that the sewist can control the speed using this foot pedal. The machine even supports batteries for power, and this feature is good for outdoor usage of a sewing machine.
The machine also has a special bobbin replacement feature, the in-built spool and winding pole helps in rewinding the bobbins after the machine is turned on. The KPCB brand offers a 3-month guarantee to its customers, and the customers can contact the brand if they face any issues.
- The machine is perfect for new learners.
- It is a cost-effective product.
- The sewing machine does not offer a reverse sewing feature.
- The motor provided with the machine is not of good quality and can burn.
9. SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches
A 74 % five-star rating suggests this sewing machine is excellent for all types of sewists. The Singer 1304 sewing machine is made using a bedplate of stainless-steel; this ensures that the fabrics are feed through the machine easily. Unlike other machine sewing machines, this sewing machine has 6 in-built stitches. These 6 in-built stitches can be easily learned by the beginners.These 6 stitches are- Satin, Straight, Zigzag, Scallop, Blind Hem, and 4-Step Buttonhole.The in-built 4 step buttonhole technology allows its users to make pretty buttonholes in four easy steps.
The sewing machine has printed threading diagrams on it, and this allows its users to set up easily without any wastage of time. Singer 1304 sewing machine comes with dual vertical spool pins that make the sewing of twin needle very easy and quick. Sewing with a twin needle is usually done to stitch hemming perfectly or to add a decorative touch to any fabric. The stitch selection system is very easily accessible, allowing you to change the stitches in a single step.
The machine’s internal skeleton comprises a frame that is made using a heavy-duty metal. This heavy-duty metal frame holds all of its mechanism in perfect alignment, this also allows skip-free sewing to the users and also improves the overall durability of the product.
- 6 types of in-built stitches are available.
- The machine can be stored easily due to its lightweight.
- An all-purpose foot is provided for multiple uses.
- The extension table is large and removable.
- An in-built reverse stitch feature is available.
- A few new users have not reviewed the machine well.
- The sewing machine may be a little tough for beginners.
- The pedal requires a lot of pressure.
- Bobbin does not stay in place.
10. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
The magicfly mini sewing machine is designed to make the life of sewists easy. This sewing machine has a double switch technology, 1. Pedal switch, 2. Hand switch, the user can choose either of these switches according to her/his convenience.
The bobbins can rewind the thread in an automatic manner, and you just have to set the bobbins in place and turn on the sewing machine. The sewing machine comes with an LED light; this LED light brightens the area of sewing and reduces the chances of eye damage or fatigue. The machine also has an automatic thread cutter, and the thread cutter reduces the need for scissors.
The weight of the sewing machine is light, and for this reason, you can take this machine with yourself to any place you want. The machine can be used to sew small kinds of stuff such as purses, aprons, bags, quilts, etc. The sewing machine comeswith a sewing kit of 42 pieces, which makes it a great deal and value for money.
- The needles provided along with this sewing machine is very strong and durable.
- Sewing kit consists of attractive colored bobbins.
- Overall, working is perfect.
- The packaging is poor and has odor.
- It does not work for a long period.
How To Choose The Best Sewing Machine
Do you face confusion while choosing a good Sewing machine for yourself? If yes, then, this brief but in-detailed buying guide on sewing machines is created only for you. Below, we have included some important information that will help you to select a perfect sewing machine. Go ahead and give it a read.
First of all, let us talk about the types of sewing machines. Sewing machines come in different types, you can select the one that suits your requirements in the best possible way.
- Mechanical Machines: If you are someone who sews occasionally or someone who has a low budget, then this type of sewing machine will work fine for you. Mechanical sewing machines require the controls to be manipulated by hands. Such sewing machines are suitable for basic repairs, craft projects, simple clothing, and hems.
- Electronic Machines: If you are someone who sews on a regular basis or a professional who can spend more money on sewing machines, then, this sewing machine is worth your investment. The electronic sewing machines transfer most of the tedious sewing works from hands to the computer chips, isn’t it amazing? Electronic sewing machines offer LED Screens, touchpad controls, presser feet for difficulties like topstitching and piping, they also provide settings for numerous types of stitches.
- Embroidery/Sewing Machines: The Embroidery sewing machines come allows the users to perform various types of embroidery and monogramming projects such as pillow-cases, garments, and bedspreads. If you are someone who is interested in embroidery works you can opt for this type of sewing machine. Also, such machines allow users to reposition, mirror and resize designs.
What are the things that are needed to be considered while purchasing a sewing machine?
There are some essential pointers that are needed to be kept in mind while making a purchase of a sewing machine. They are as follows:
Ask for the warranty: Always ask the manufacturer about the warranty that is offered by his/her company and understand the terms and conditions. Ask what the warranty covers, and what it excludes. Check out for sales (most companies typically offer discounts on the sewing machines on special occasions like Christmas and Mother’s Day) and do not forget to try the sewing machine before purchasing it. You can even take a few fabric samples with yourself to test different machines and their settings to make sure that the machines are easy to use and stitch evenly.
Select the Right Needle for your sewing machine: Always check the type of needle that you are about to purchase for your sewing machine, ask the manufacturer to provide you a good needle. A dull or wrong needle may bend and damage your machine and fabric. Make sure to change the needles after each project or when stitching different types of fabrics.
Check out the Repair Policies: Most of the companies offer an in-store service to the customers. If not, they’re more likely to send the customers to a repair center. Regardless of who performs the repair work, do not forget to ask about the turnaround duration. It may vary from hours to days or sometimes even weeks. Always keep in mind that the repairs that are done by technicians who are not authorized by the factory can void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. Therefore, prefer going to the company/ store from where you have purchased your sewing machine. Do not forget to keep your machine’s packaging and box, sometimes it is required to be shipped during the repair process.
Price: Go for the sewing machines that suit your budget. However, try not to purchase the cheap ones as they may not last long. Some brands offer very good quality at a reasonable price range but to get such a product one has to check out so many options. Try reading the reviews and ratings that are given by existing customers. This will help you select a suitable product at your required price.
Good Controls and Ergonomics: Always select a sewing machine with good controls and ergonomics. A sewing machine should be responsive to the pressure that is applied to the foot pedal. Its controls should be simple enough to manipulate. Also, the LED display or machine symbols should be easy to read and understand. Prefer those machines that have more space on the right side of the needle, this will provide greater space for hands and fabric. All these things are important to provide convenience to users.
Features of sewing machines: Before purchasing a sewing machine for yourself, check out for different features that are provided by several models, this will help you get your desired sewing machine feature.
Automatic Buttonholer: Some machines allow the users to directly insert the button into the automatic buttonholer slot, this will sew a perfect buttonhole in the fabric. This feature will provide ease to you while sewing your shirts, coats, skirts, etc.
Feed-Dog Adjustment: Some machines even allow the users to perform a free-style embroidery by dropping the toothy mechanism that is present below the sewing surface. You should check for this feature if you are an embroidery lover.
Needle Position, tension adjustment, power switch, speed control are other important features of sewing machines.
As we all know, this modern era has brought drastic changes in the clothing of humans. People have become so much obsessed with fashion that they try almost all kinds of clothes. Sewing machines play a great role in the fashion industry. Sewing machines make the job of the fashion industry a lot easier. With the development in technology, sewing machines went through so many advances. Sewing machines of today’s era can provide us impressive looks.
Sewing machines are popular in domestic purposes, and some people love to design and stitch their own clothes. Conventional hand needle sewing is very time consuming and difficult. Therefore, to ease your stitching work, you need to have a good working sewing machine.
An efficient sewing machine should be cost-efficient and easy to use, it should be compatible with both the new learners and advanced sewists. Also, the machine should have dual power modes; that is, it should be able to work with batteries or direct electric current.Hence, selecting a good quality sewing machine is not an easy job as we all know that the market, as well as e-commerce stores, are full of different products. For the same reason, we wrote this article.
I Hope, the information we provided might have helped you to select the best sewing machine for yourself. A good sewing machine will help you convert your sewing projects or your favorite fabrics into unique designer dresses. Go ahead and rock your outfits!
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Sewing Machine Consumer Reviews
- 1. Brother Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 2. SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
- 3. Aplus mini sewing machine
- 4. Janome Lady Lilac Basic Compact Sewing Machine
- 5. Varmax Mini Sewing Machine
- 6. Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine
- 7. HAITRAL Portable Sewing Machine
- 8. KPCB Mini Sewing Machine
- 9. SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches
- 10. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
- How To Choose The Best Sewing Machine